Sunday, March 05, 2006

Hello, gorgeous!

bryant park on a sunny day - photo by Joey Briones
© Joselito Briones


I woke up late today. I decided I'll take it easy and not try to do a lot of things today. Raided Eric's fridge for some breakfast. Checked email. Walked to Rene's, a Filipino restaurant, for lunch. I had rice porridge with chicken and fried tofu side.

I thought it only natural that I should visit Times Square first, so I did. I took the 7 train and got off at Bryant park (pictured, above), where I often had my lunch when I worked nearby. Walked around there a bit. Gap still selling white shirts and blue jeans. Went to Duane Reade in Broadway to get toiletries that I didn't bring with me. I also went to Virgin Megastore. Right at the entrance, they were selling the very same t-shirts that I found at Liberty's of London for £40 and I bought from Barney's last year for $25 a pop - they're on sale for $11!!! I bought a few.

Later on Eric joined me in Virgin's. As I've bought everything I wanted to buy there, we decided to walk around. First stop was Sak's. There were a couple of jackets from D&G which were really really good. They're new items tho, so, full retail price. Big no-no. After scanning all the new arrivals at Sak's and checking if they have a sale on Incotex pants (they didn't), we went to Barney's. The only thing that appeared to me as a must-have was a white silk embroidered scarf by Dries Van Noten. Gorgeous.


XXX

No comments:

Popular Posts