Monday, October 30, 2006

Golden Pond

A puddle, Golden Pond, Erlangen, Germany - photo by Joselito Briones
© Joselito Briones


I always passed by this puddle in the middle of an empty construction site, on the way to Frankenlabor, here in Erlangen. There's something about it that made me keep looking at it, and I didn't know why, so I thought, I'll just take a digital snap of it and see what's in it. I picked the image apart and saw that there's actually plenty of color hiding behind the murky grayness of it, so I thought I'll just process it, turn it into something that resembles more a pond, sort of an hommage to Monet (pictured left is the result). I thought his paintings of ponds and water lilies were awesome, first time I saw them in Rouen, when I went there to study basic French many many many moons ago. I visited the actual garden that he painted, his own, in Giverny, just to see what inspired him to paint such wonderful pictures.


XXX

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is really strange, joey... we humans are so drawned to water and fire. It is like time stops when I am by a cozy fireplace or by a body of water.

attator said...

yep, it's true. with fire more, especially if it's cooking some meat :)

Popular Posts