Sunday, May 22, 2011

I'm nervous.

 

i always am when making big decisions.  in about half a year, my job commitment here in hong kong will be over.  when that time comes, i've decided i'm moving to san francisco.

it's scary.  yet another start.  i don't know how many i've had.  i'm tired - of moving, of starting over, of being nervous.  it's scary because i've ran out of the thoughtless bravado of my younger days that made me plunge head-on to "adventures" like this, and fantasies that i'd hoped such move would make real. it's scary because i can still remember how rough it was the first time i moved to the bay area, at the height of the dot-com bust, and i can't imagine the current economic situation to be any better than it was at that time. it's scary because i feel too old to be starting again, even though i've wrestled with this terror when i left berlin two years ago.  it's scary because i don't think i can do another move if this doesn't work out.


XXX

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Joey, I feel the same. I am now at the point where I think I have to make a decision soon about my job. We are at an age where we actually should be in a place where we enjoy and we would like to be.
Good luck to you dear friend and let us hope that you would make it in San Francisco.

attator said...

thanks anna, and good luck to you too on whatever you decide on with your job

Popular Posts